AL-KO International is undergoing a period of sustained growth across multiple sites, and now requires the expertise of an experienced Purchasing Officer to support our AUS/NZ business unit. You’ll work with our passionate and motivated Supply Chain staff & will be located at either our Dandenong South or Campbellfield sites.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Placing orders on suppliers for inventory items within agreed parameters as established in the ERP system, and “direct shipments” to customers or inter-company warehouses as required.
- Expedite orders as required, to ensure timely arrival of goods into the Warehouse.
- Maintain/update ERP due dates & shipment files for Import Orders to reflect changes in shipping schedules, quantities, etc. Distribute original shipping documents to forwarding agents as required; and liaise with forwarder and Warehouse Team to schedule delivery of goods.
- To raise documentation for stock transfer to Inter-Company Warehouse as necessary, liaising with despatching warehouse and freight agents for collection.
- To check supplier invoices for accuracy of quantity and price
- To receipt goods into stock, noting any discrepancies. Follow up any quantity discrepancies to resolve the issue with supplier.
- Report on general operations & defined KPI’s such as stock availability & Supplier DIFOT.
- Identify cost savings/ operating efficiency opportunities & participate in related projects to implement.
- Assist with preparation & administration of stock takes
- To be successful, you will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar purchasing role
- Demonstrated strategies for ensuring supplier performance
- Demonstrated experience reporting of KPI’s & performance
- Intermediate Excel Skills i.e. Simple Formulas / Vlookup / Charts / Pivot tables
- Team Player – demonstrates effective communication both inter & cross departmentally
- Clear written & verbal communication skills
- Pronto software experience (or similar)
- Cert IV or higher in a purchasing or logistics discipline
Who is AL-KO?
AL-KO is a global leader in the trailer axle and chassis supply industry.
As a member of the DexKo Global Group of companies, AL-KO is part of a network of 42 production facilities and 25 distribution centres globally with more than 5,000 personnel.
AL-KO is on a constant quest for quality, innovation and sophisticated functionality combined with contemporary design, comfort and reliability with the support of a growing global network.
In Australia and New Zealand, AL-KO is best known for its high quality running gear range, including axles, brakes and suspension products. In addition, AL-KO offers its customers a wide range of caravan and trailer accessories, as well as motorhome chassis and under carriage components.
AL-KO offers a supportive and dynamic workplace, with exciting opportunities for you to utilise and further develop your skills and experience.
If you are looking for your next challenging career move, APPLY NOW!